Thursday, April 4, 2024

Pushing Reset

 


As we get older, tapes in our head from our past keep increasingly running over and over in our minds without ceasing. Lies we believe about ourselves based on negative past experiences.


 We learn for years how to live functional lives despite the continuous negative self talk that goes on in our minds. But as we get older you hit a point where you can't take the negative self talk anymore.


 You finally reach an age where you've learned the right truth on how to think about yourself and your negative past experiences. You just have to apply it.


 But it's so easy to let autopilot take over your thoughts like you've always have and let the same negative things speak into your head.


I have to consciously reset my mind and force myself to think differently when this happens. 


It's like the trip odometer in my car. 

When I start to go down a negative thought about myself, I have to stop in the middle of it and force myself to reset the whole thought. I begin to start thinking rightly how to think about myself or about a situation. 


Example: A negative intrusive thought came in my mind tonight that I'm not successful. 


I looked at the reset button in my car and said to myself, "reset that thought and start over."


I then asked myself, "What is success to you?" I said, "Things I view successful in my life is my relationship with God, my family, the love and joy I feel around my grandsons, the freedom I feel in being self employed, having complete control of my schedule and life when it comes to work, and many more things. 


Success isn't about who makes the most money. Success means so many things. Success has so many wonderful definitions and being provided for with money is just one of them."


I have many different things daily that I have to stop and reset and take the time to inject truth in my head. 


It is very true that the battle in our minds is one of the biggest battles of all to fight. 


I just have to keep resetting my mind when negative intrusive thoughts come in.


 I need to be kind to myself and also forgive myself and others the same way God does. 


God is on our side. He helps us in this. And tonight I was reminded that even if we aren't guaranteed the security of others unconditionally loving us and forgiving us, God always always will. And that's extremely comforting. With Him we are never ever alone. 


- Marsi's 5am thoughts ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment