Wednesday, October 10, 2018

God Keeps His Word

I went to bible study tonight and we're going through the book of Joshua. It shows how God kept His promise to lead the Isrealites into the promise land.

Its so encouraging and such a great reminder that we can trust God, and everything that He says, without question. This is such a great feeling.

I know someone that said either yes, no, or maybe, and stuck to whatever he said. I remember being very impressed by that because not everyone, especially someone his age (19), would be so honorable to his word.

When he said yes, no matter what obstacle came his way to challenge him to change that, he would still keep his word regardless. There was so much comfort in that. I loved it!

So if he said maybe or no i knew what to expect and there was comfort in that too. It was just nice to receive someone keeping with what they said.

(Psalm 15:4)
"...who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
    and does not change their mind;"


I've experienced the opposite with people as well. One person in particular would so many times agree to important things but not follow through. I came to realize that whatever this person said, i couldn't always depend on it. I learned very quickly that I couldn't always trust this person at their word. It was awful.

"Like clouds and wind without rain
    is one who boasts of gifts never given."

(Proverbs 25:14)

"Like a broken tooth or a lame foot
    is reliance on the unfaithful in a time of trouble."
(Proverbs 25:19)

Now I know I've done this too, I'm not perfect. But the first guy I loved that I could depend on him. And his example I'll always remember and want to emulate.

I felt on the receiving end what it was like both ways, and I strive to be like the guy who kept his word.

I'm so glad we have a God that doesn't lie but keeps His word at all times. There's extreme comfort in that. Sometimes we battle trusting Him, I'm not sure why we battle this, but it's impossible for God to lie. Its not His nature.

"Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."
(Hebrews 6:18-19)

 Every single promise in the Bible God speaks of, He will 100% keep. What a tremendous comfort. So why do i sometimes worry? Not sure, good question.

So thankful God is dependable and that He will always keep His word!


No comments:

Post a Comment