I was thinking of that game Mercy. There comes a point in that game when you can't take it anymore. When the other person is stronger than you and you eventually yell," mercy!" so the pain will stop.
Also one time I got in a fight. And a few girls were hitting me at once. I tried to tough it out and keep quiet as long as I could thinking it would stop soon, but it didn't. I finally couldn't take it anymore and started to scream. Then they backed off.
When something is relentless and doesn't let up it usually causes you to eventually cry out "mercy!" so the pain will go away.
I think God allows pain in our lives sometimes so we will eventually say, "mercy!" and ask Him for direction and what He wants for our lives.
It's too bad that sometimes I have to wait till I hit rock bottom to realize the change God has wanted in me for a long time.
Sometimes you don't even see the change you need until you hit rock bottom. It's there where you meet up with humility and cry out to the Lord asking for mercy and help.
And realizing it was pride all along that was keeping you from the good God had wanted for you all along.
(Psalm 33:18-22)
Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him,
On those who hope in His mercy,
To deliver their soul from death,
And to keep them alive in famine.
On those who hope in His mercy,
To deliver their soul from death,
And to keep them alive in famine.
20 Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
22 Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You.
He is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
22 Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You.

No comments:
Post a Comment